I tortured myself for about two weeks trying to decide what our theme was going to be. A sentence that depresses me to write as much as it probably depressed you to read. After many sleepless nights, I somehow managed to settle on Peter Pan. Thanks to Amazon, my vision became a reality.
What we didn't account for was that Kansas is slightly windy. And by slightly windy I mean I was actually slightly worried about putting Riley down without her flying away. Luckily, we had some duct tape and thumbtacks on hand and after about 20 minutes and mild-to-moderate profanity, we were set!
In hindsight, maybe it was because I offered our spark plugs as consolation. I digress.
Obviously, the whole family had to get in on the theme.
***Extra side note: The man, not the dog.
We returned the stuffed animal. Eventually.
Here's a shot of the whole group:
But really, who wants to pose for pictures when there are SO many exciting things happening nearby? Riley was drawn to:
- Scary costumes that she ran up to and shrieked at, but wouldn't get really close to
- The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (poor soul in costume being terrorized by children)
- Repeatedly going up and down the sidewalk curb with several wipeouts happening as a result (this did not deter her)
- Dancing to Monster Mash (executing two and only two dance moves over and over)
- Dutch's spilled water bowl (see below)
And by "possibilities are endless" I mean like maybe we won't need duct tape next time.